THREE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU TO SHARE YOUR WORK!
1. Resonance: Synchronizing Vibrations”:
A Vision Train and ViTra Academy Virtual Exhibition
Online Opening July 1,2023
Deadline: June 23, 2023
We are proud to announce our upcoming virtual exhibition, “Resonance”! In the last three years, we have held numerous Vision Train virtual exhibitions, and one ViTra Academy virtual exhibition last spring. What makes this years exhibition unique is whether you are a student of ViTra Academy and/ or a rider of the Vision Train, you are invited to submit two pieces of your works created in community with us!
Join us for our virtual exhibition opening celebration and Auction launch on Saturday, Jul 1, 2023 on the Vision Train! Further details will be shared soon!
Resonant visual art inspired by visions for a more beautiful, harmonious and collaborative future with all of life.
* Your NON-REFUNDABLE fee allows you to submit up to two pieces of work of your choice from either classes you took at ViTra Academy in the last year, or have worked on while riding the Vision Train any time!
** The submission form is for our Vision Train Spring 2023 Virtual Exhibition AND for our Vision Train in Motion project to be displayed at MAPS Psychedelic Science Convention visionary art exhibit in Denver from June 21-23, 2023. Read below for full details.
*** ViTra Academy students and Vision Train Members receive a $20 discount on their submission fee. If this is you, please find the discount code in the email we have sent you.
2. Vision Train in Motion
June 21-23, Denver, Colorado
Deadline: June 11, 2023
This is a special opportunity for your work to be shared at the 2023 Psychedelic Science Convention!
We are excited to be working with Zion Rebels, a Vision Train artist duo from Brazil, on a short animated video of approximately 30 Train Cars rolling through a visionary landscape. Our goal is to release this as an installation within the visionary art exhibition space for MAPS Psychedelic Science Convention exhibit June 21-23rd in Denver, Colorado.
This prototype will then serve as an ever evolving promotional video that can be installed in events and exhibits anywhere.
We will curate a selection of your submissions to fill some of the train cars. Selections will be made the day after the early submission deadline, on Monday, June 12.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS INCLUDED IN YOUR SUBMISSION FEE.
The format for the train car window is: 10.7 x 5.5 “. You are welcome to select the crop of your choice, or we will crop your piece from your submission images.
ALL SUBMISSIONS FOR THE VIRTUAL EXHIBITION AND FEES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE END OF THE DAY ON JUNE 23, 2023.
ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR WORK TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE “VISION TRAIN IN MOTION” PROJECT, YOUR SUBMISSION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE END OF THE DAY ON SUNDAY, JUNE 11. SELECTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY, JUNE 12, 2023.
3. Better World Auction
If you are passionate about furthering the endeavors of the Vision Train, we would be grateful if you offered ONE of your submitted works for RESONANCE in our June '23 Vision Train Auction! You may select whether you would like to donate 50%, 75%, or ALL of the proceeds from your piece. You may also select to offer a print of the original piece in the Auction. We suggest embellishing the print and or handsigning it to make it unique and special.
If this is the first time you have auctioned a piece with us, you will need to make an account on Betterworld.org:
- First Create your personal account here: https://betterworld.org/sign-up/individual/
- To submit your work for selection go here: https://visiontrain.betterworld.org/donate-an-item
- Once you click on the above link you will be prompted to type in an ‘item’ and this can be edited later, so just type ‘Painting’ or ‘Art Print’ etc, then click ‘Add to Offers’.
- Title of work : edit this for correct title.
- Short Description : example: acrylic on canvas, 11x14” hand signed & embellished.
- Long Description : tell a story, where was it created and why this piece is unique.
- Estimated Value : how much would this be retail in a gallery?
- Where is the piece located? (this is for shipping or getting the piece to its new owner later).
- Additional Notes:
- List how much shipping it will cost to send locally in your country or internationally
- Are you willing to donate 50%, 75% or 100% to the Vision Train.
- What is the minimum bid you want the auction to start at that you are willing to let your piece go for?
- On the next page you will be prompted to upload images of your piece. Make sure one of the images is of the full piece. Details are also encouraged.